I probably shouldn’t be slacking so much but this recipe is definitely one I have to add to my growing collection! Super adorable and super appropriate for the tropical weather here, I have to get around to buying some mangoes, kiwis and raspberries to make this one day 🙂 I love the fact that they have actual fruit in it, which seems really healthy and delish to me hahaha!
Saw this recipe on foodbuzz (a really useful community website, though its new organisation is not something I’m too fond of…. yet) and it’s from skinnytaste.com. Healthy and simple to make, plus awesome when it’s way too hot outside (which is the case for me like, 80% of the time)~
– 9 tbsp water
– 2 tbsp sugar
– 5 oz kiwi, peeled
– 6 oz mango, peeled
– 6 oz fresh raspberries
1. Make a simple syrup by combining water and sugar in a small pot and bring to a boil; boil for about 4-5 minutes on medium heat. Set aside.
2. Puree fruit separately in the blender (I used my magic bullet). Set aside in 3 small bowls.
3. Divide the simple syrup between the fruit purees and mix in.
4. Equally fill four small 5 oz cups with the kiwi puree and place in the freezer; freeze one hour.
5. Add mango puree and freeze 20 minutes. Insert sticks and freeze at least 2 hours. Add raspberry puree and freeze overnight.